Abundant Life Church, Indiana
Position Type: Full-Time Salaried
The Facilities Manager is a full-time salaried position responsible for maintaining the church building and grounds. The Facilities Manager will perform tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, safety, custodial and event support. This position requires a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and project coordination. The Facilities Manager must be able to collaborate with the church staff, leadership, and congregation. The applicant must have a servant attitude for Abundant Life Church and the people who attend. Major Responsibilities:
- Promote a team attitude and provide leadership for the facilities
- Manage, perform and/or oversee the maintenance of the church building, including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, and facility maintenance
- Perform preventive maintenance on required areas of the facility
- Maintain accurate records on all maintenance repairs and
- Oversee and provide, as necessary, custodial needs and set-up of rooms for activities in the church
- Provide event coordination ensuring proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings, events, worship, weddings, funerals, and otherwise as needed
- Keep buildings safe by ensuring fire and building codes are current and communicated
- Work with staff to report problems, provide solutions and associated costs with a weekly status update.
- Supervise church custodial team
- Assist church volunteers with maintenance services such as cleaning, painting, and project oversight.
- Hire and supervise contractors and vendors as determined by leadership
- Develop and maintain a relationship with all contractors and vendors ensuring efficient facility operations.
- Manage building and grounds including management of mowing and snow removal contracts
- Responsible for ensuring facility security systems such as doors, locks, keys, control access, and codes are operable and maintained
- Serve as primary contact for facility emergencies which may require evenings and weekends
- Knowledge in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and light construction
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift up 50 pounds
Experience in construction/building projects preferred