Saturday | 5:00pm & 6:30pm
Sundays | 8:15am, 9:45am & 11:15am
Kids Takeover Weekend
July 30, 2022
3 Then the king ordered Ashpenaz, chief of his court officials, to bring into the king’s service some of the Israelites from the royal family and the nobility— 4 young men without any physical defect, handsome, showing aptitude (natural ability) for every kind of learning, well informed, quick to understand, and qualified to serve in the king’s palace. He was to teach (msg says “to indoctrinate) them the language and literature of the Babylonians.[b] 5 The king assigned them a daily amount of food and wine from the king’s table. They were to be trained for three years, and after that they were to enter the king’s service. 6 Among those who were chosen were some from Judah: Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. 7 The chief official gave them new names: to Daniel, the name Belteshazzar; to Hananiah, Shadrach; to Mishael, Meshach; and to Azariah, Abednego.
Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.
They are of nobility and were created without defect. This portion of Daniel shows us exactly what the plan of the enemy is when it comes to our kids. His plan is to…
• Change Their Allegiance (Loyalty)
• Change Their Diet
• Change Their Identity
Our adversary always invests in the next generation; sometimes it’s more than we do.
11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Allegiance – God created every child to have family allegiance
Where family identity is strong, peer pressure is weak
• Time – One of the most influential things you can do for your kids is to spend time with them.
• Repentance – Apologizing when you mess it up as a parent.
• Serve – Serve with them in the church or in your community
I know you guys love your kids and feeding them donuts and cookies then sending them to kids ministry. We love it! But how many of you know that we don’t feed our kids cookies and donuts morning noon and night. It’s not good for them and will make them weak. It’s the same spiritually.
Diet – What they consume, not just physically but mentally and emotionally, matters
• Share the Word – Read an age-appropriate Bible with them weekly (If they need one, let us know)
• Witness – Let them see you sharing Jesus with others
• Observe – Monitor what they watch, listen to and what they say
Identity- We are who God says we are, not who we say we are.
• Community – Make sure that the ones speaking into your kids are speaking life
• Invest – Encourage their God-given unique gifts and talents
• Pray – Pray with them and over them that God reveals his plan and purpose for their life to them.
See, Hear & Do
It’s not a “do as I say not as I do” but rather, “They are going to imitate what they see and hear us doing.”